The Firearm Concealed Carry Act uses the following definitions:
- Concealed Firearm: A loaded or unloaded handgun carried on or about a person completely or mostly concealed from view of the public or on or about a person within a vehicle.
- Handgun: Any device which is designed to expel a projectile or projectiles by the action of an explosion, expansion of gas, or escape of gas that is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand.
- Handgun does not include:
- A stun gun or Taser
- A machine gun
- A short-barreled rifle or shotgun
- Any pneumatic gun, spring gun, paint ball gun, or BB gun which expels a single globular projectile not exceeding 0.18 inch in diameter, or which has a maximum muzzle velocity of less than 700 feet per second, or which expels breakable paint balls containing washable marking colors