New Truck Parking Regulations
On January 7, 2019, the Village Board voted unanimously (6-0) to overturn a longtime prohibition of the parking of personal use trucks in residential districts in the Village of Flossmoor. The ordinance, which amends the Flossmoor Municipal Code, is effective immediately. The January 7, 2019 vote followed an advisory referendum on November 8, 2018, in which 62% of voters voted in favor of changing the existing language. Personal use trucks bearing a B state license plate may now park in any driveway of any residential district lot, subject to the following limitations as outlined in the zoning ordinance of the Flossmoor Municipal Code (Section 285-23-2(B)(6):
(6) Use of parking facilities. Off-street parking facilities accessory to a residential use in any residential district in accordance with the requirements of this section shall be used solely for the parking of personal use passenger vehicles. Personal use passenger vehicles and personal use trucks shall include automobiles, pick-up trucks bearing a B state license plate and as verified by affidavit at the time of vehicle sticker applications, and sports utility vehicles (SUV) or vans which are designed to accommodate and transport no more than ten (10) passengers on paved roads subject to the following limitations:
(a) No vehicle which is displaying commercial printing, lettering or logo type may be parked on off-street parking facilities accessory to a residential use or in any residential district except as provided in Subsection B(6)(d).
(b) Personal use trucks bearing a B state license plate as verified by affidavit at the time of vehicle sticker application may only be parked on any driveway of any lot in a residential district subject to the following limitations:
1. The vehicle weight does not exceed 8,000 pounds (curb weight); and,
2. There are no items in the bed of the vehicle unless covered by a fitted factory or after-market installed cover. The vehicle has no commercial marking or advertising, regardless if it is permanent or temporary, and no commercial equipment or appendage is attached to the exterior of the vehicle, including but not limited to snow plows and auxiliary lighting. Trailer hitches, bike racks, bull bars, grill guards and manufacturer installed rooftop racks are not considered modifications.
3. The vehicle has no more than four wheels.
4. The vehicle height does not exceed eight (8) feet.
5. The vehicle width does not exceed eight (8) feet.
6. The vehicle does not have any part of the exhaust system installed above the frame of the vehicle.