Since 2012, the Village has participated in a Municipal Electric Aggregation Program. In this program, the Village bids the purchase of the electric supply provider for residential and small commercial users. The typical resident enjoyed savings on their ComEd bill for a number of years. The Village is renewing the aggregation program with Chicago-based Eligo Energy for a three-year term. Eligo will match the ComEd rate for three years; in addition , at no cost to customers, Eligo will purchase Renewable Energy Credits equivalent to 25% of customers’ energy usage. This means that participants in the aggregation program will be supporting the production of renewable energy, such as wind and solar energy.
To learn how Renewable / Green Energy and RECs work, view this video clip by the US EPA.
Notices will be mailed to ratepayers from mid-June through early July, depending on meter read dates.
- If your notice says, “Informative-Only Notice,” your account will remain at ComEd; there is nothing to do and you are still considered part of the Village’s program.
- If your notice says, “Green Aggregation Notice,” You need do nothing and you will be switched to Eligo Energy. You will never pay more than the ComEd rate. You can choose not to support the program, and opt out. Want to Opt Out? Email FlossmoorOptOut@eligoenergy.com, call 773-569-3564, or return the pre-paid opt out form you received.
- If your notice says “Return to ComEd Service” your account will be moved from currently supplier Dynegy back to ComEd. You need do nothing; you are still considered a part of the program. Some accounts are moved to ComEd but the net effect for all is the same.
- If your notice says, “Opt-In Notice,” your account will remain at your current supplier, but you may choose to opt in. Per Illinois law, no supplier can charge a fee to vacate a contract.
- Guaranteed the ComEd rate, with no rate risk of ever paying more than ComEd
- No hidden fees, no additional monthly fee
- Maximum flexibility to join or leave the program, and never an enrollment or switch fee
- Residents’ power consumption offset by Green Energy, reducing the Village’s Carbon footprint
No one from Eligo, ComEd, or the Village will ever visit your home or call you to enroll. If a solicitor claims to be from Eligo, the Village, or ComEd, take their information and report the incident to the ICC at www.icc.illinois.gov/complaints. Never reveal your ComEd account number or allow a solicitor to view your ComEd bill unless you are certain you wish to enroll with that supplier and have read all terms and conditions. Questions? Email sdurling@NIMEC.net or leave your name and callback number at 800-727-3820, and someone will reach out to you very shortly.